Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! Recently there’s been trend of retro gaming YouTubers talking about the “The Retro Problem”, initially started by RGT85. UK gaming magazine legend Jaz Rignall wasn’t impressed with the thumbnails of grumpy people sitting in front of game collections and voiced such disdain on his Twitter. Is there a “retro problem”?
Is it something worth talking about, or a storm in a teacup?
Trev and Stu deep dive into the points made by RGT85 in the latest Shockcast.
– Some thoughts on DKOldies and the controversy surrounding them.
– Stu talks about Atomic Heart.
– Gatekeeping within the retro gaming community. The real retro problem?
– Nostalgia for old games and consoles becoming a thing in the late 90s.
– Game Boy comes to the Nintendo Switch Online service! –
Stu gets his hands on a Mega Everdrive X7!
– A slight segue into the dying days of the Mega Drive and its two Premier Manager games from 1995 and 96. Intro/Outro Music – Act 1-1 and 2-2 Theme – Ultraverse Prime (1994) – Sega CD – Composer(s): Tim Follin, Geoff Follin