Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu! Its the Console Shockcast! We have a bumper 2-hour special, as we cover the titanic battle between two 16-bit legends, the Atari ST and Amiga. NX Gamer has produced the ultimate ST v Miggy comparison videos, and he joins us to offer his thoughts on one of the all-time computing battles for the ages! On this mega(blast!) of a podcast, we talk about: – The Amiga and ST being the evolution of the 8bit micros. – Why didnt the Amiga and ST succeed in their homeland? – How Amiga and ST handled graphics processing – The dreaded “ST port” syndrome! – The blitter advantage! – How the ST handled games developed primarily for the Amiga – The amazing graphics of Bitmap Brothers games We also cover the wider world of retro and modern gaming! – SNES v Mega Drive – Game streaming services – The future of the Playstation brand Intro/Outro Music – Megablast (Hip Hop on Precinct 13) CDTV version – Xenon 2: Megablast – Commodore Amiga (1989)/CDTV/Atari ST/Master System/Mega Drive/PC – Composer(s): Bomb The Bass
Listen to Stu and Trev chat about how they love the Xbox 360 Console
Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu! Its the Console Shockcast!
We celebrate our landmark 50th episode with another YouTube retro-gaming giant and fellow Sega fanatic Dan Ibbertson! With Dan joining us we have more retro (mostly Sega!) rambling, including:
– Dan’s YouTube career
– Video game collecting
– The Master Systems legendary Brazillian lifespan!
– Are the 3D Sonic games any good?
– Could Sonic Mania work on the Sega Saturn?
– Visiting the Sega offices
– The Wii Shop closing down
– Sega Ages re-releases on Saturn
– The awful Sega Smash Pack on Dreamcast
– Emulation in the 90s with Nesticle and Genecyst
– The story on Dan’s Kickscammer series Intro/Outro Music
– King Of Speed Remix
– Daytona USA : Champion Circuit Edition – Sega Saturn (1996) – Composer(s): Jun Senoue, Richard Jacques, Kenichi Tokoi, Tomonori Sawada