Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! Its another Atari ST focused show, and we cant talk about this venerable home computer without our favourite ST Youtuber,
Marc AKA The Joy of Sticks! The Atari ST got a ton of arcade ports in its time, with very mixed results. Some of these were our only way to play a lot of 80s and 90s arcade classics, so we look at some of our personal faves, including those that werent too accurate but we still loved them!
– The hardware issues that limited the scope of Atari ST arcade ports.
– Final Fight ST, why we love it.
– Did publishers use screenshots to trick us into buying their shoddy ports? – Golden Axe, good enough to rival the Mega Drive version.
– Double Dragon, a terrible port but fond memories for many of us ST fans!
– Sega Super Hang-On, one of the best ST arcade ports.
– Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : The Coin-op, another low quality yet enjoyable arcade translation. – …and many more ports! Check out The Joy of Sticks channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/thejoyofsticks Intro/Outro Music – Desert Replay Theme – Sega Rally (1995) – Sega Saturn – Composer(s): Takenobu Mitsuyoshi *Apologies for the slightly glitchy video occurring at a couple of points, will try to catch these before upload next time. Thankfully the audio isn’t affected.