Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! In November 2021, Microsoft celebrated the 20th birthday of the Xbox! The console launched in March 2002 in the UK, and as we are currently sat between the US and UK launch dates, we thought now is a good time for us to commemorate the birthday. What impact did the Xbox have on our gaming lives? Check out the show to find out! – Our experiences with the OG Xbox in its heyday. – Halo, did we actually like it when it launched? – OG Xbox Live and how it worked out for us in the UK. – The Xbox 360 and how it helped Xbox live massivley expand. – How Xbox fared in Japan. – The Kinect, and how great it was for fitness stuff! – Xbox One, and its disastrous “TV, TV, TV!” unveiling in 2013. – The XB1 vs PS4 8th gen war. – Xbox Series consoles, Xbox Game Pass and the future! Intro/Outro Music – Loading Screen Theme – Grand Theft Auto V (2013) – Xbox 360/PS3 – Composer(s): Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist, Oh No
Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast!
Console Shock has finally got it hands on a modded Xbox 360 console, and this episode we take a look at all the effort that goes into getting it set up nicely.
Want to experience OG Xbox in glorious HDMI, or play some delisted XBLA games?
Maybe you missed out on the Xbox Indie games store.
Check out the show, and see what you can do with a modded 360!
– What exactly is a modded Xbox 360?
– Why you might prefer to get one pre-modded.
– The fairly tedious process Trev went through to get a large library of titles onto the system. – Playing long delisted XBLA games.
– Xbox Live Indie Games.
– Going beyond the 500GB hard drives of retail units.
– How does it compare to a modded PS3? Intro/Outro Music
– Kokiri Forest Theme – The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (1998) – Nintendo 64 – Composer(s): Koji Kondo