Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! Switch fans have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to FIFA, but has that changed with FC 24? Trev got his hands on a copy and tells all! We also look at some of the recent news from Playstation land, including the PS5 not so slim… – FC 24 on Switch, no longer a legacy edition. – The PS5 “Slim”, is it an upgrade in any way? – Console digital storefronts and their crazy pricing vs physical copies. – PS5 Pro rumours, do we really need a mid-gen refresh? – Talking of ‘Pro’ consoles, should there be an Xbox Series X Pro (AKA the Xbox Series XL)? – The fallout and future of the Microsoft/Activision merger. Intro/Outro Music – Overworld – New Super Mario Bros U (2012) – Nintendo Wii U – Composer(s): Shiho Fujii, Mahito Yokota
Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! With the rumours of the Switch 2 getting stronger and stronger, we share our opinions on what the final form of the mythical console should take.
This alongside our usual verbal download of gaming thoughts and feelings spanning anything old or new! – Stu gives us an update on his retro PC gaming adventure.
– The weird era of still-mostly offline, and physical retail games in PC gaming in the late 00s and early 10s.
– The problems with releasing older PC games on modern online storefronts like Steam.
– Sega releasing games from their Arcade history, but only within a new game!
– Why do Sega stop at 1995 when it comes re-releasing their old stuff?
– Are early 32bit era games too janky to enjoy in modern times?
– Some quick thoughts on F-Zero 99
– Will the Switch 2 really be in the Series S ballpark in graphical power?
Intro/Outro Music – Taking to the Air – Terminator (1993) – Sega Mega CD – Composer(s): Tommy Tallarico