Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu! Its the Console Shockcast!
In another Sega special, we talk about a very underrated add-on that has been unfairly tarred with the same brush as its 32X brother, the Sega Mega CD!
We try to change the perception of this misunderstood device:
– The history of the Mega CD
– How the PC Engine CD ROM prompted Sega to produce their own CD add-on.
– The extra graphics tricks the Mega CD adds to the Mega Drive.
– The large amount of disappointing cartridge ports.
– All of the quirky hardware variations of the Mega-CD.
– Mega-CD hidden gems – How could anyone afford the £270 for the system at launch?
– Could Sega have handled the Mega-CD better? – FMV games, were they crap?
– Legendary Mega-CD game “Snatcher”!
Intro/Outro Music – Hill Top Zone Act 1 – Sonic 2 HD – PC – Composer(s): Toni Leys (Original Mega Drive Version – Masato Nakamura)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS