Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! We are somewhat fond of Sega on this show, and in that spirit our special guest this time around is Lewis from segadriven.com!
Lewis set up this awesome site 12 years ago and it covers a ton of Sonic the Hedgehog and racing game related content.
We dive into the history and motivations behind segadriven, as well as Lewis’s thoughts on retro gaming :
– How Lewis got going with segadriven
– The vibrant Sonic online community
– Sega’s stance on fanmade projects
– Would a 3D Sonic game have worked on the Saturn?
– Was the Dreamcast doomed to fail?
– Retro gaming setups in modern times
– Weird PS1 ripoffs of Sega racing games.
– Stu’s complex relationship with RPGs.
Check out Lewis’s website here: https://www.segadriven.com/
Intro/Outro Music – Tidal Tempest – Sonic CD (SEGA 1993) – Sega Mega CD – Composer(s): Naofumi Hataya, Masafumi Ogata
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS