Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! We were there when the Switch launched, and we even discussed its future at length when the initial reveal landed. It has been an incredible success, one of Nintendos most successful ever, but what does that mean in the context of the wider video game world? Did the arms race of powerful hybrid handheld competitors materialise? Let’s discuss!
– Some thoughts on the Lady Decade copyright issues.
– …and additional thoughts on YouTube drama generally.
– How the Switch made triple A gaming on the go viable, while the Vita failed there. – Earlier examples of taking home console gaming on the road.
– Cloud streaming services, are they any good?
– The PSP being the first handheld that could truly match its home console contemporaries.
– Did the Switch lead to the development of Steam Deck and other handheld PC gaming systems?
– Will Microsoft or Sony launch their own handhelds? – When can we expect a Switch 2 and a next gen Steam Deck? Intro/Outro Music – Turn The Page (Tutorial Theme) – Ridge Racer Type 4 (1998) – Sony Playstation – Composer(s): Hiroshi Okubo
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS