Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast!
Being from the UK, we probably had a different introduction and experience with the Mario series during its 8-bit and 16-bit eras then our American and Japanese friends.
Did the early games really register over here while we had our heads buried in microcomputers? Listen on to find out! – A slightly random warm-up chat about the Northern Ireland national football team! – EA dropping the FIFA name and license, does it matter?
– Some thoughts on the first Gears of War. –
Our earliest introductions to the Mario character via store kioks, the cartoon and a sticker album!
– Finally experiencing the Mario series for the first time via the Game Boy and Super Mario Land.
– The UK ‘Golden Age’ of Mario games with a flurry of releases from 1989 -1995. – Playing the original Super Mario Bros on NES during the consoles mid-90s twilight years.
– The incredible Super Mario 64 and the lasting impact it had.
– How the series progressed in the 2000s with games that hit the Gamecube, DS and Wii. Intro/Outro Music – Underground – Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (1995) – Super Nintendo – Composer(s): Koji Kondo