Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast! We are joined once again by Console Shock OG Al,
as we talk about the diverse and sometimes controversial topic that is emulators! Starting from our early experiences in the late 90s with DOS PCs,
we go all the way to modern solutions like RetroArch and much more in-between..
– A quick chat about Microsoft buying Activision, and the impact that will have. – Early DOS based emulators like Nesticle and Genecyst.
– The wonder of having an entire console library at your fingertips!
– Emulators being our introduction to 60hz versions of games.
– Using a keyboard to play old games before gamepads became easy to configure. – The legal issues surrounding emulation.
– The slightly patchy official emulation and backwards compatibility solutions. – Enhancing the graphics on old games with emulators.
– FPGA based devices like the Analogue Pocket. Intro/Outro Music – Hang Glider Theme – Pilotwings 64 (1996) – Nintendo 64 – Composer(s): Dan Hess