Retro and current gen gaming chat, with Trev and Stu, its the Console Shockcast!
On this Shockcast we welcome another fellow YouTuber, Mike AKA Retro Gamer Boy!
Being a bunch of 90s SEGA fanboys, the conversation takes on a distinctively Sega Mega Drive themed flavour.
We chat to Mike about what its like to collect Mega Drive in the UK, as well as some of our memories and general thoughts on SEGA’s legendary machine. All this and even more nuggets:
– Mike’s background and how he got going on YouTube.
– What makes the 16Bit era so iconic to gamers?
– How Mike started collecting for the Mega Drive.
– How Mike managed to grab the mythical Lakers vs the Celtics.
– The new Retro-Bit wireless Mega Drive pads vs OG pads.
– Mega Drive 1 vs Mega Drive 2, which design do we prefer?
– Selling your collection for beer? Collecting regrets!
– Types of boxes, counterfeit carts, bad capacitors, demo discs and other MD collecting tidbits!
Intro/Outro Music – A Shooting Star – Gradius II (1988) – Arcade/PC Engine – Composer(s): Shinji Tasaka, Motoaki Furukawa, Kenichi Matsubara, Seiichi Fukami
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS